Under pressure

How do you feel when you’re under pressure? Can you get things done then? Can you think? I was wondering how you cope with pressure, because I’ve been very busy lately. So busy, I hardly have time to blog (and tweet)… Which is not good.

In the past I’ve written about how important slack is for work in general and specifically for social stuff, like blogging. We need time to reflect and think things over. Time is needed to write things down and publish blogposts about what we do and think. What I find is that when slack leaves my time schedule, I have a hard time keeping up blogging. However important I find blogging, it’s one of the first things I stop doing. So, how important to me is it really, I wonder? Should it be part of my weekly time schedule?

However, on the more positive side,  you may know, I use the ‘Getting Things Done’ methodology to stay efficient and effective. I’ve been under pressure many times, but I never let go of GTD. It really helps me plan my tasks, get my tasks completed on time and define realistic deadlines with myself and clients.

So, is that the way to go? Should I just ‘manage’ blogging in the same way then? It would be interesting to hear how you plan your social stuff.

Popular posts

Keep the Intranet Small

Enterprise 2.0 Research

Innovation in Turbulent Times